According to Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA), 40 per cent of cars fail their MOT at the first attempt. But it is estimated that around half of all MOT failures could be avoided.
As regards SEAT cars in particular, the same is true. The Spanish brand enjoys very good reliability, but as with all cars, SEATs can develop problems as the years go by. The best way to prevent potentially expensive mechanical issues developing in the first instance is to enlist a skilled SEAT garage to carry out maintenance – such as Miller and Middleton. This will also help ensure your car passes its MOT first time round.
Here are some key aspects of your car that your SEAT mechanic can help keep problem-free.
Your SEAT-trained mechanic will:
• Check your headlights and replace any failed bulbs
• Check that your tyres meet the legal minimum tread depth of 1.6mm, and check for damage
• Replace damaged wiper blades and top-up screen wash
• Address any windscreen chips in the driver's field of vision
• Fix any problems with the horn
Additional points to remember before your MOT:
• Clean your car inside and out – testers may refuse to MOT a vehicle if it is too dirty
• It's a good idea to schedule your MOT at least a month before the certificate runs out
• Whether or not your SEAT passes, be sure to read through your MOT notes as these will include advisory notices or problems that may arise in the near future
Peace of Mind from Miller and Middleton SEAT
Miller and Middleton provides unrivalled maintenance services to SEAT owners in Colchester, Braintree and across Essex. Our dedicated team of mechanics will help maintain your car’s reliability – as well as protect its resale value.
Our technicians are SEAT-trained and only use SEAT-approved parts (warrantied for two years) on your new or used SEAT car. Our service also includes a free wash and vacuum – and much more besides.
Taking the Stress Out of Your MOT
Whether you’ve recently bought a new SEAT, or you’ve purchased a quality used car with the SEAT marque, here at Miller and Middleton we will work hard to ensure your car is in great working order throughout the year, so that it passes its MOT first time round and you don’t suffer any breakdowns or mechanical issues.